Arabuntu.org: The new unified Arabic portal.

A.B. ab at 111virtual.com
Thu Jun 5 16:52:49 UTC 2008

Dear Arabic Ubuntu enthusiasts,

Lately there has been promising calls on different mailing lists to
unify the efforts of Arabic localization of Ubuntu and establishing
common Arabic community for Arabic users of different levels. I would
like to announce a first step in that direction:

http://www.arabuntu.org
  The Arabic Ubuntu Portal. (Can we make it the Official?)

  The official mailing list for the Arabic localization of Ubuntu

 From the introductory text on the site:
  “Arabuntu.org will strive to be the main portal for Arabic Ubuntu
users and the Ubuntu Arabic translation process. It will not compete
with or duplicate the work done elsewhere (Launchpad for example) but
will try to complement it and offer the necessary tools that will help
reach our goal of an up to date, stable, comprehensive and community
supported Arabic Ubuntu. The site is fully sponsored by a commercial
company, but Arabuntu.org will be community governed and driven and will
live by the codes of the Free and Open Source Software community.”

Currently there is little more than an introductory page listing the
different Arabic Ubuntu sites and mailing lists. Your input is needed on
what we should setup first:

What would you like to see first on the arabuntu.org?
  Mailing lists, Forum, Wiki, Blogs, other?

PS: I type so much faster in English. Please feel free to translate to
Arabic and post in the appropriate lists/forums.

Regards,
Ahmed Badr