Thin client menus

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Thu Mar 8 20:24:49 UTC 2012

Under 10.04 we use the profile editor/gconf changes recorder Sabayon and it
has worked very well for this purpose.  Make a change, record that under a
profile and apply that profile to users (we even differentiate by Active
Directory groups).  Isn't going to work under Unity and 12.04 as far as I
can tell though!

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Blake Swensen <
blake at trilliumcharterschool.org> wrote:

> I would like to change/remove items from the application menus for the
> thin-clients. I don't necessarily want to remove the software from the
> server, but there are certain applications that I want the students to not
> see.
>
> Can I not manually edit the application menu config files without
> uninstalling a particular package?
>
> Blake
> Trillium Charter School
> Portland