teaching in NYC DOE --urge for edubuntu

matthew x curinga mcuringa at adelphi.edu
Thu Jun 2 01:08:20 UTC 2011

Hi Adam,

Congratulations to you and your school on being selected for IZONE. I'm
not a teacher in the NYC DOE, but I'm a faculty member in the School of
Ed at Adelphi University in Manhattan and Garden City. I'm starting a
new program in educational technology and I want it to have a strong
free software focus.

I'm also eager to hear from other people using Ubuntu in NYC schools and
what your stories are. As for your project, I'd be happy to connect to
see if I can help you make the case or plan for implementing and
supporting Linux on the new machines.

Matt
Matthew X. Curinga
Assistant Professor, RSA School of Education
Adelphi University - New York
http://bit.ly/au-mxc