SSH Compression

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Mon Aug 29 10:10:06 UTC 2011

Thanks for the input, David.

Still getting my head around *NX. Can the client work from the thin-
clients without loading a windowing system?

In the meantime, I found this article http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-368869.html
  about compression.

Looking around the configuration files I don't see any compression
enabled in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf so I've added:

## SSH compression between LTSP client and server
NETWORK_COMPRESSION = True

remotely, but haven't been onsite to test it yet.

/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/config-2.6.38-8-generic has several
compression parameters, but nothing explicitly about SSH from what I
can see.

Will post an update when I've had a chance to test.

Cheers,

Jeff