Myself

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed May 19 15:31:15 BST 2010

Hi Belinda

On 19/05/2010 16:13, Belinda Lopez wrote:
> I'm working on an Edubuntu course right now.  Was going to show the link
> but the site seems down at the moment.  I hope to have the course ready
> in the next week to be translated.

Wow that's fantastic! Even more reason to get it packaged :)

Please send a link when it's up, it would be really nice to see what is
already covered. A resource like that would be incredibly valueble
especially in areas where Ubuntu/Edubuntu training may not be available.

> I think this summer(well summer for those of us in the norther
> hemisphere) will see a renewed effort to try to introduce educators to
> Ubuntu and things open source for education.  Hopefully Cprofitt and I
> can start working on scheduling some events for educators to help
> introduce them to Ubuntu.

We want to do something similar with the Edubuntu Advocacy group, the
plan is to create some kind of platform where educators (and
specifically non-technical people) can communicate with each other and
share educational tips and advice. We've found that non-technical users
typically really don't like using IRC and often, not mailing lists
either (although some of the more technical educators do prefer it).
This is probably an area where we should communicate a bit more, could
we use the Ubuntu Educators group on LP along with the list for that
purpose? The company I work for works with a lot of schools and it would
be great to get them involved.

-Jonathan