Mentoring for improving wiki pages?

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Sun May 16 01:42:32 BST 2010

Gavin and Simón thanks for your offers to help me write some good
pages--I'll take you up on all of it, starting with the iTALC.  Also, thanks
for the history--something which I think is important to include, briefly,
in the wiki as well.  Hopefully, others in the community with additional
knowledge, both from a programming and implementation-perspective, will
chime in as needed.

For starters, it would be a great time-saver on my part if people would
direct me to good reference articles on iTALC for Ubuntu (I know it's used
with Windows as well but I'm not focusing on that).  I of course could do a
google search on iTALC (done it many times, actually), however, I don't know
what is outdated or applies to the areas of interest.  The info I'm looking
for is:
--History of the project
--Accuracy of the ubuntu page on italc (it says it is only good for Hardy)
--Differences between versions for Hardy, Jaunty, Karmic, Lucid (I'll be
focusing on Jaunty, Karmic, Lucid)
--Successful applications of iTALC
--CURRENT issues--limitations--with iTALC.
--Theory on iTALC.

Any favorite links or mini-lessons would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
David

PS--Sounds like we need a tutorial on installing Edubuntu/LTSP from recent
list-server e-mails--it's not that people are dumb, it's that wiki pages
need improving!