Kids On Computers event in Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 1-5, 2010

Belinda Lopez belinda.lopez at canonical.com
Wed Mar 17 14:10:48 GMT 2010

Hi folks,
  I've been volunteering with a group called Kids On Computers who
recycle and donate systems for schools.  Stormy Peters from GNOME is the
leader of the effort, so you know it's a great group of folks.   :-)
Their next event is scheduled for Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 1 - 5,
2010.  If anyone is available to help during this week to setup the
computers and local network, please let me know and I'll put you in
contact with the group.  They've chosen the Spanish Edubuntu version and
more info on the group and event can be found here:

http://www.kidsoncomputers.org/kids-on-computers-prepares-for-argentina

I'll try to help in creating some training materials for the teachers
and parents and if someone can help translate, that would be great.  KOC
only works with groups where the teachers and parents and community are
ready to step up and support the effort after the initial event so they
need to prepare others to take over support roles.  If you are
interested, let me know.

Oh and if you have some old hardware to donate, our friends at System 76
have stepped up yet again to help with that process:
http://www.system76.com/articles.php?tPath=3

Thanks!

Belinda

Training Project Manager