Hi!

Matt Burkhardt mlb at imparisystems.com
Wed Jan 27 12:29:06 GMT 2010

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've been working
with the guys from SchoolTool and CanDo for the last few years.  CanDo
is a competency tracking application.  A pilot study was conducted
during the 2008-2009 school year with over 90% of the teachers giving it
good or excellent results.  We were supposed to roll it out to the
entire state this year, but budget cuts killed that.

It's an add-on to SchoolTool and is funded by Mark Shuttleworth, the man
who brought us Ubuntu.

http://www.schooltool.org/

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 20:11 -0800, Steve Rippl wrote:

> David Groos wrote:
> > Here's another question--what would you /really/ like out of this
> > listserv (weather or not it currently meets this wish)?  Also, want to
> > hit, 'reply-to-all' to keep all in the loop?
> I'm currently struggling with finding the resources to make teachers
> lives easier. They have State mandated standards they have to teach to,
> how can I facilitate getting them to utilize tech tools that will
> actually make sense to them, make teaching easier or more interesting
> and more effective?  I have the (usual) handful of neophytes that have
> run with everything that they're given, but how to bring along the rest?
>
> I'm wondering if this list might be a resource for me, or them, or both?!
>
> One little tip I've discovered to try to get teachers to dip their toes
> into the Web 2.0 waters is getting teachers within a grade or department
> to share a joint del.icio.us account and use it to share bookmarks to
> relevant online resources (there's a nice plugin in Firefox for it).
> This way they save time and learn to collaborate through technology.
> Once they're comfortable with that they might be prepared to try the
> same thing with their students, collaborating around some project or
> other.  You get the idea!  It's something I hope to introduce to staff
> here soon and see what happens...
>
> So I'm on this list to learn about this kind of thing, learn about
> success stories, maybe avoid some pitfalls, that kind of thing!
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Steve Rippl
> Technology Director
> Woodland Public Schools
> 360 225 9451 x326

Matt Burkhardt
Impari Systems, Inc.

Customer Relationship Management Systems
We help you find and keep your best customers
mlb at imparisystems.com
http://www.imparisystems.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mlburkhardt
502 Fairview Avenue