Hi!

Belinda Lopez belinda.lopez at canonical.com
Sat Jan 23 05:17:02 GMT 2010

Hi all!

Belinda/Dinda here, Training Project Manager at Canonical & Houston &
Texas Loco teams.  Working on all things education in Open Source.

Joshua Fahler wrote:
> I'm a social studies teacher in the Houston area and will be soon
> pursuing a Master's in Instructional Technology.  In addition, I'm
> interested in what open source/ubuntu have to offer to my class.

Great! I did my Master's work at UHCL in Instructional Technology.  You
ought to come out to the next Houston Loco team meeting.  And don't miss
the Texas Linux Fest coming up April 10 in Austin.

http://www.texaslinuxfest.org  (although the site seems down atm).

good to see so many educators out there!

cheers,

Belinda

> -Josh
> http://www.personal.kent.edu/~jfahler
> <http://www.personal.kent.edu/%7Ejfahler>
>

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Steve Rippl
> <rippls at woodlandschools.org <mailto:rippls at woodlandschools.org>> wrote:
>
>     Present!  :-)
>
>     Steve
>
>     (If you're serious about this I will try and get some of our
>     "Tech-savvy/opensource" teachers to tune in...)
>

>     David Groos wrote:
>     > Hi People!
>     >
>     > I've just subscribed to this list.  It doesn't look like there has
>     > been much activity for a few months.  Would you please hit the
>     > reply/reply-to-all button to show your current active status?
>      I'd be
>     > interrested in an ubuntu-education revival!
>     >
>     > Thanks!
>     > David
>
>     --