Looking for recommendations: simple GIMP

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:49:18 BST 2010

I've finally gotten a 'free' moment to check out
digikam<http://www.digikam.org/>and there's a lot to like about it.  I
like it's looks--neither over
simplistic nor over-the-top and it has a fairly intutitve interface.  I
expecially like that one can put a semi-transparent background to a text
annotation.  Also, as you mention, it is open source AND it has a version
for Mac and Windows, so students can use it freely at home for assignments
no matter what opperating system they have.  I wasn't able to draw a
line/arrow between the text and specific location on the image, however.
I'll send in a feature request...

I'm going to experiment with this application over the summer and may adopt
it as one of my basic tools for next year.  Has anyone used it on thin
clients?

Thanks Algot.

I'll let people on this list know what I find out about this app over the
summer.

David