VNC as an alternative to LTSP on laptops?

Don Davie dedavie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 01:37:32 GMT 2009

Check in with your local County Office of Education or local county gvt
office.  On Fridays, they hold a county surplus sale, everything electronic
that the county has can be transfered into our inventory wihtout cost as its
"recycling".  I managed to get all 15 classroom HP 4000 network printers(yes
they are old but they work and its just ordering 1 type of tonor rather then
15 different ones :)  I also picked up a full set of functional 32 hp
vectras for student pc's, (pIV 1.4 gig, 800 fsb).  And occasionaly sometimes
you get real gems.  We picked up 4 HP 2100's with nics that the county
library had.  Their counters red  7 to 9k wich isn't too bad for a used
printer.  they replaced them as their grant paid for new ones.   If you are
a member of a school district, they occasionally have the same sales as
well.

Good hunting,

Lt. Don E. Davie
La Sierra Military Academy