OpenSource Certificates

Jeffrey Miller jeff at socorro.k12.nm.us
Thu Feb 12 17:08:16 GMT 2009

I have been asked by our WIA coordinator to develop a computer course
on building OpenSource computers.  The hang up is we need some type of
certification.  Have you any knowledge of said certifications?  I
checked it out online and there are only a few.  My visions is to
build Edubuntu boxes with our WIA students this summer and then
distribute the boxes to local agencies like the senior center and
such.  Then, mayhaps, the city would hire at least one of our students
to maintain said boxes.  However, the feds in charge of WIA like to
have a piece of paper to hand the students upon completion of the
course work.  Any ideas?

 >><((((*>    >><((((*>    >><((((*>    >><((((*>    >><((((*>
 >><((((*>

Jeffrey Miller    Technology Facilitator
Socorro Consolidated Schools
Socorro, NM 87801,  34° 03' 48"N, 106° 53' 54"W

"Thinking the world should entertain you leads to boredom and sloth.
Thinking you should entertain the world leads to bright clothes,
odd graffiti, and amazing grace in running for the bus."
-Ann Herbert

"Enjoy Every Sandwich!"
- Warren Zevon

¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
      (¸.·´ (¸.·´*

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. This message (including any attachments)
contains confidential information intended for a specific individual
and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically
provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy
all copies of this message.