Library Management System

Don Davie dedavie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:31:02 GMT 2008

Good Morning.

I work at a small charter school and we are looking for a library management
software solution that can be accessed by multipule users.  We have 15
teachers, 250 cadets and as we are a small campus we do not have the funds
for a librarian.  We have a high turn over rate and will go through $10,000
worth of text books per year from teachers not keeping accurate text book or
library book inventories.  Does anyone know of a good solution either
edubuntu/opensource or MS?  Currently we are running a windows 2000/2003
server environment and i am looking at ways of adding an edubuntu segment.
We have orders from our county office that their networks (and ours) are
"Microsoft Products Only".  I have been slowly chiping away at that
directive :)  and have had minor success with adding OpenOffice and a few
other open source software titles.

Any input would be appriciated.

LT. Don E. Davie

La Sierra Military Academy