Question about Moodle and/or Wiki Tools for students

Matt Burkhardt mlb at imparisystems.com
Tue Aug 19 17:22:11 BST 2008

I've installed several different web content management / wikis and I've
found that creating pages or a blog using Wordpress seems to be the
easiest.  There's a plugin that will allow you to authenticate to an
external db - that may be what you need...

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/external-database-authentication/

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 08:49 -0700, Jeffrey LePage wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I recently installed Moodle for an elementary school.  One of the upper-El (grades 4,5,6) teachers wants to do a project with Moodle in a few weeks.  It's a geography project: "major bodies of water".
>
> My first thought was using the built-in Wiki module in Moodle.  The one problem is that it's difficult for a student to add images to their wiki.  There is a workaround, but it's a little difficult.
>
> Is there a better solution?  Maybe a different wiki that I can install?  What i need is a dead-simple wiki with a wysiwyg interface.  It must also support easy adding/editing of images.

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
401 Rosemont Avenue