Orphanage Installation - January

Jim Hutchinson jhutchinson at windsor.k12.co.us
Tue Oct 30 13:56:57 GMT 2007

>From: ubuntu-education-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [mailto:ubuntu-education-
>bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Simón Ruiz

>Well, that's a shame. I agree; I wish Gutsy worked well enough to
>deploy for us as well, but without being able to authenticate off of
>our directory it's a no go.
>Simón

Simón,

I'm curious about the not being able to authenticate part. I'm getting ready to deploy a gutsy thin client myself. I have it all ready to go but need to get our district tech guys to set up the Active Directory authentication part. Are you saying in your experience this is broken? I sure hope not. I've been trying to convince them that edubuntu is a better option than Suse (which we used last year and did not work all that well).

Thanks,
Jim