Local Devices using 6.10 of Ubuntu

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 15:15:09 GMT 2007

I'm cross-posting this both to the edubuntu-users and ubuntu-education
list, because I'm not quite sure where it belongs. Apologies in advance,
and if someone could tell me where it's most appropriate, I'll steer the
threads to that list.

I've just installed a thin client lab in my high school computer science
classroom. I went with Ubuntu 6.10 rather than Edubuntu because it seem
more appropriate for my age group and I didn't need GCompris and some of
the other early learning programs.

I downloaded and installed the ltsp package from the repositories and
the clients are booting just fine, but USB drives don't show up. I've
found lots of how-tos for LTSP 4.1 and 4.2, but none for Muekow. So,
either the USB drives are working and I just don't know where to look
for them, or I don't know how to get them working.

Any help appreciated,
Todd