Introduce yourself to the group

Green, Matthew A. M.A.Green at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 08:55:47 BST 2006

> > Please post a message to the group introducing yourself. Let us know:
> > - a bit about yourself - where you are located - what Ubuntu product
> > you are using - what area of Education you are involved with

Hi everyone - My name is Matthew Green and I am a University Lecturer in
the UK.  I have been interested in Linux operating systems for sometime,
but due to the heavy dependence on MS in the UK, it has been difficult
for me to break the bonds - until now! Ubuntu is the best distribution I
have come across, and I have tested many.  I now have several servers
and desktops all in harmony.  I'm very excited at the moment, as this
weekend I managed to get the pen interface on my tablet pc (Toshiba
M200) working, and in the spirit of Ubuntu, contributed to wikis where
others may follow. Brave New Worlds beckon!  Specifically any Ubuntu,
Higher Education, Linux, UK things are of interest to me, and I am more
than willing to contribute where others have need.  Cheerio!