Intro

Frank Claessen frank at radulphuscollege.net
Wed Nov 1 09:23:16 GMT 2006

Hi all,

My name is Frank Claessen, 48 years old, living and teaching at Curaçao with
my wife Stien.

I am teaching IT at Radulphus College over here and I am responsible for the
IT affairs at our school (1200 students).
I have hand-on experience with Moodle and I am pretty much impressed by it.
It's a pity that Moodle isn’t part of the original distro of Edubuntu.

Curaçao is quite a poor island, so finances are always a big issue.
Computer:Student ratio is poor 1:40 !!

Since there never is any money, the open source solutions are becoming more
and more attractive, although I am still facing problems convincing the
board. Besides that, my knowledge of Linux is not as extensive as the one on
Windows.

Regretfully, people over here prefer using illegal windows applications over
learning to work with the less known linux distros out there. I do expect
that mr. Gates' company will indeed disable any updates based on illegal
software in due time... So it is only a matter of waiting :)

OK - that's it for now.

Perhaps your next Edubuntu-conference would be on Curaçao ;-)

Cheers

Frank