good

Will van der Leij will at eish.net
Thu Dec 7 21:52:52 GMT 2006

Ola Chispol,

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 15:30 -0600, chispol rios wrote:
> Hi, this is Chispol from Mexico City. i work in a kinder garden, I
> want to know more about gcompris suite and ways to use with our
> students

Just a quick reference:
 - http://gcompris.net site
 - and an irc channel (#irc on irc.freenode.net)

Generally, young kids need to learn using a mouse as a virtual hand. The
abstraction of interfacing to a computer is generally where we all
start. I would focus on the simple tools that get kids to map their
hands onto what the mouse is doing on the screen.

>From there, using the keyboard as an interface would be next.

Once the kids can interact with the computer, then they can move onto
the more involved apps like memory games, puzzles, maths etc.

Best regards,
Will van der Leij