[ec2] [ubuntu-cloud] cloud-behind router

Jamu Kakar jkakar at canonical.com
Wed Mar 3 19:43:17 GMT 2010

Hi Luc,

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM, luc jean <luc_jn at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to try cloud at home, I will use 2 different computer 1 for the node
> the second for the front-end.
> the 2 computers be connected to NetGear that I use as router, is this a
> problem ?
> witch of the tutorials is suitable for ?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC
> A.Installation from the Installer CD ?
> B.Normal installation using the packages  ?
> I am a beginner.

I was able to successfully get a UEC working here on two machines
with lucid/alpha2 by using the installer and following these

The two problems I ran into, which may be fixed now, is that I had
to edit /etc/eucalyptus/eucalyptus.conf on the cloud controller and
add the IP address of my node controller.  I also had to manually
copy the certificates from the cloud controller to the node
controller.  These issues are probably fixed by now.

I believe the instructions linked above work without hacking
configuration files or cerificates with 9.10, but I haven't actually
tried to use them with 9.10 personally.