[ec2] Upgrading Intrepid AMIs

Simon Detheridge simon at widgit.com
Wed Feb 24 14:26:29 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I've been running some fairly well used AMIs based on the original 8.10 that first appeared. I couldn't use 8.04 at the time, because I needed some newer kernel features. I'm aware that support for 8.10 ends in a couple of months (I'm assuming this means no more security updates?) so I'll need to upgrade.

Any issues surrounding upgrading? Is it safe to upgrade in-place, the same as I would my physical server?

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Detheridge - CTO, Widgit Software
26 Queen Street, Cubbington, CV32 7NA - Tel: +44 (0)1926 333680