[ec2] [launchpad-net] replace ec2-ami-tools with euca2ools in ec2 images?

Scott Frazer sfrazer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:01:20 GMT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> If the euca2ools are installed, we should also install the (not yet
>> existing?) package which creates symlinks for the ec2-* command names
>> and we should make sure that an explicit install of the ec2-ami-tools
>> overrides these symlinks (removes that package?).
>>

> Agreed. This can be achieved via the alternatives system in both
> ec2-{ami,api}-tools and euca2ools packages.

Was anything ever decided about what the best way to re-bundle an
official Canonical 9.10 image is? Nothing appears to be added to the
RC version of command-not-found.

Additionally, I'd like to see more information about best practices /
things that can potentially break when re-bundling an official image.
What kinds of settings are locked at the point when the image first
comes up?

I can see this being a good addition to the EC2 FAQ here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EC2FAQ