[ec2] 9.x

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 12 19:16:22 BST 2009

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, John Pugh wrote:

> On 10/09/2009 09:24 PM, Micah Walter wrote:
> > I'm planning to upgrade to a medium cpu instance.. I'm currently on
> > the 8.10 AMI and was wondering if the 9.04 ami was ever officially
> > released?? Any update on this?
> >
> > -micah
> >
> It was not released. It is suggested to go to Karmic at this point as
> that AMI works much better. I am not sure, but I don't forsee a working
> Jaunty image in the future. The "official" Karmic AMI is expected to be
> released simultaneously with Karmic.

I agree with John, and would suggest using the karmic AMIs.  karmic
will be released as both Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud images and EC2 AMIs on
October 29th [1].  You can test the Beta, which as no significant
known-issues at [2].  We would very much appreciate your usage and
feedback.  Additionally, daily builds are available at [3].

I really suggest you take karmic as your starting point.  The priorities
for us are in at the moment are karmic and then hardy (the latest LTS
release).

--
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule
[2] http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/karmic/beta/