[ec2-beta] init level 2-4 + network access

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Thu Mar 19 12:06:25 GMT 2009

Hi,
  In beta 1 I had some init scripts I wrote that pulled updates from a
subversion server outside of EC2. In beta2 those scripts don't quite
work entirely. After adding some logging, they seem to get hung or bail
out on svn calls that attempt network access. That is, they run up to
that point.

So my question is, is there any network constraints at init 2 that would
prevent my script from working?

I will dare to also ask if they run as root like before, which I think
my scripts require at boot time.

Warm regards,
Darren