[ec2-beta] Default locale?

James Mayes jmayes at youdata.com
Wed Mar 11 20:46:27 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,

I believe that this was only recently discussed on this list.  Look
for Subject: "Locale and timezone in beta2"

Chuck Short responded with the reason that en_CA is currently default:
"The reason for this is that the tool that we use called vmbuilder
defaults to the timezone where you are located and I am about a 4 hour
drive away from toronto."

Eric Hammond gave a reasonable endorsement for using UTC.

James