[ec2-beta] document: EC2 Ubuntu sudo Guide

Michael Greenly mgreenly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:43:36 GMT 2009

This is an excellent example of what I'm concerned about.  It encourages
people to get creative.

Deciding to open more ports and run an extra service all of the time is a
significant overall weakening of system security.  I'm not exactly sure of
the difference between running rsync over ssh vs connecting directly to
rsyncd but I suspect that it broadens the attack surface to include rsync
specific code and not just ssh code.

--
Michael Greenly
http://blog.michaelgreenly.com