[ec2-beta] LTS Images

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Tue Mar 3 05:37:44 GMT 2009

Ashwin:

Here's the request I submitted for an official Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy image:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-on-ec2/+bug/311330

Canonical has plans to support this eventually:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/private/ec2-beta/2009-February/000202.html

In the meantime, I've been building and supporting community Ubuntu 8.04
LTS Hardy images for EC2 for over a year (since Hardy was in alpha).

Many folks use the latest images in production (including my company).

Here's the page which lists all the community supported Ubuntu and
Debian images:

  http://alestic.com

Here is the EC2 Ubuntu community of 800 folks which you're welcome to join:

  http://groups.google.com/group/ec2ubuntu

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com