[ec2-beta] tomcat-server task install failure

Stoflet Darryl stoflet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:18:12 GMT 2009

Hi, I just joined the beta program and created my first Ubuntu EC2 instance.
I used the ami-814aaee8 AMI and instance creation went fine. However, when I
logged in I tried to install the tomcat-server task from tasksel (showing
during initial login) and it erred out. Trying to install the task directly,
rather than thru tasksel I get the following error:

Err http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid-updates/main libcups2 1.3.9-2ubuntu3
  404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.46 80]
Failed to fetch
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/c/cups/libcups2_1.3.9-2ubuntu3_i386.deb
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.46 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?

I am not very familar with ubuntu or debian. Is this a problem in the deb
package, the ubunutu repo, or the server itself?

Thanks,
Darryl