[ec2-beta] Understanding Disk/Partitions Distribution in ami-18d73071

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Mar 1 01:59:22 GMT 2009

    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

I followed the path of creating an EBS volume of 5Gb and
then mounting it into a sub-directory of

                /home/ubuntu/bin

Then I built our software in that directory and submitted
the test suite to our Dashboard:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight
(the build from the site:  "cirrus002.amazon.cloud.kitware").

That worked very smoothly.

---

In retrospective, it makes a lot of sense to separate
the instance itself from the storage of user data.

Your explanations were very helpful.

---

BTW: I had trouble unmounting the EBS volume.
      When calling umount, it kept reporting that
      the device was busy. I end up terminating the
      instance...

      Have any of you seen similar behavior ?

      Did I missed to do something before umounting
      the volume ?

    Thanks again,

       Luis