[ec2] disk partition configurations

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Sat Jun 13 18:00:47 BST 2009

Darn.

Well, I have software that runs on my images that needs access to the
data. If I have 50 servers, they each would ideally have their own copy
of this data so they don't need to be configured to find it somewhere
else.

As I understand it, its only possible to mount an EBS volume on 1 server
and knowledge of that volume would need to be provided (i.e. the new
server instance won't know it after booting).

So is there any clever way yet to automatically configure an image to
fetch and mount an EBS "instance" or copy so they all would have their
own? For example, if I make one that is permanent? I doubt it, but
aren't 100% sure.

thanks again.
Darren