[ec2] logging into instance via transmit

Micah Walter micahwalter at me.com
Thu Jun 11 01:47:44 BST 2009

Thanks for the links, I figured it out... seems to work just fine...

On related note. I am planning to set up a single instance to serve as
an apache web-server... for this server I was thinking to just leave
the single Ubuntu user installed... however other people will probably
need access ( like one or two other people) and so to make things easy
my idea was to move the website files to the Ubuntu home folder, and
use apache2-mpm-itk to so that I can set apache to run as the ubuntu
user ( as I'm typing this I am thinking I may not even need to do this
as ubuntu will be the ONLY user for apache )

anyway, the thinking here is that I can just give a few select people
the key-pair so they can log in as ubuntu via transmit and upload any
files without having to worry about SSHing and setting permissions...

is there any obvious security issue doing this, other than the obvious
one where I am handing out a key to someone other than myself?

thanks for your help so far -- looking forward to the 9.04 RC1!!!

-m