[ec2] partition thinking

Micah Walter micahpix at mac.com
Tue Jul 14 01:53:04 BST 2009

Hi Everyone,
I'm sort of curious about the thinking behind the partition structure for these AMIs. Is there are strong reason for creating a 10 gig partition for the system and then leaving the rest to /mnt?

I'm still a little new to Ubuntu, so maybe this is the industry standard.... but I would really like to hear what others thought.

Also, I noticed on some of the Alestic images, that when starting a large instance I only have about half of the "advertised" disk space. According to the AWS docs for a m1.large I should have had 850 gig, but I only had about 450 when doing a df -h.

-micah