[ec2-beta] Using latest kernel in Europe?

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 14 16:21:53 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 08:34:55AM +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>>> The official Ubuntu beta AMI, AKI, and ARI are not yet available in
>>> the eu-west-1 region, but this is the place to stay tuned for any
>>> announcements about it.
>> Soren, Eric, what are the constraints in us extending the beta2 to
>> include EU?

I'm afraid I might be a little late to the dance, but I was confused
by this thread.  I thought for a bit that there were different kernels
being used in different locales.

This obviously didn't compute, so I asked Soren off-list, and he
clarified that this is entirely about *where* a kernel is hosted.  The
kernels themselves (thankfully) are identical.

:-Dustin