[ec2-beta] Preliminary thoughts

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Tue Jan 13 01:50:46 GMT 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Eric Hammond wrote:

> Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> > I've attached the script so people can play with it, but like I said
> > before, this was very quick and dirty, and not intended for mass
> > consumption.
>
> Good luck, You're headed down a long road  :)

I certainly wasn't suggesting a full-on all-encompassing tool. Just
maybe something small for quick instances, etc. Currently, our team
will probably use something like this for our (somewhat limited) needs.
If you notice, the script as written will allow arbitrary wrapped ec2-*
commands as well.

> Somebody I know might also have had:
>
>   Host *.amazonaws.com
>     StrictHostKeyChecking false
>
> (but don't tell the security guys)

You do know who your are talking to right? :P

Ubuntu Security Engineer     | http://www.ubuntu.com/
Canonical Ltd.               | http://www.canonical.com/