[ec2-beta] some feedback on the i386 image

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Mon Jan 12 21:50:23 GMT 2009

Kees:

Cool approach for copying a password.

Unfortunately on EC2 there is neither an initial password to copy, nor a
place to put one securely, nor a place to put the software to do the
copying (presuming users are running instances with the standard tools
out there).

Keep the ideas coming and feel free to challenge my assumptions.  I've
probably been at this too long to recognize the truly innovative solution.

Semi-related point: Though we use Ubuntu on our desktops, we should keep
in mind that a large percentage of users are running Ubuntu on EC2 from
their Windows and Mac desktops.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com