[ec2-beta] Fwd: [Fwd: Announcing the AWS Management Console]]

Peter Hollands peter.hollands at dale.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 19:16:04 GMT 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009 19:07:17 Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> 's crashing for me :-/

It is a little buggy but it can be made to work.

I succesfully used the EC2 management console with Firefox 3.0.5 on
Ubuntu Hardy earlier this afternoon with caveats below.

I find that when launching instances from the console, that I have to select
and launch correctly on the first go. If I return to "Launch Instances", then
the AWS console screen can lock up. I then have to kill firefox, and restart
the AWS console.

However, it was my first successful use of Amazon EC2. It blew me away.  I
also successfully attached a permanent Elastic Block Storage which makes the
whole concept so much more useful.

Peter