[ec2-beta] Planned differences between alestic <-> official ubuntu images?

Heinrich, Maximilian heinrich at esono.de
Mon Feb 9 21:04:45 GMT 2009

J Sloan wrote:

> > But I’m wondering – what will be the main differences between the
> > official ubuntu images and the alestic versions?
> Didn't they yank out the ubuntu kernel and replace it with an old fedora
> kernel in the alestic image? That's the main difference that comes to mind.

Hmmm...well - don't know about that - I didn't encounter any problems setting up several software packages, yet. But if this kernel-exchange is the case - what kind of problems I might run into later on? Or could anyone confirm or disprove this info?

Although I'm aware of the fact that this is kind of beta I'm planning to setup a base system I can replicate in the future so now I'm searching for the best solution. I've been using ec2 since fall 2007 but for now I always ran on amazon's standard images.

Greets - Max