[ec2-beta] Can I retrieve the current cost of a running instance?

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Wed Feb 4 23:30:52 GMT 2009

Dustin:

The EC2 instance type calculation is a bit more complex than number of
CPUs.  Both c1.medium($0.20/hr) and m1.large($0.40/hr) have 2 processors.

The accurate instance type for the current instance is available at:

   http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/instance-type/

With the current instance types, you might be able to guess the correct
one based on the processors, memory, and architecture.  More info:

   http://ec2types.notlong.com

Keep in mind that Amazon will surely be adding more instance types in
the future.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com