[ec2-beta] Can I retrieve the current cost of a running instance?

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Tue Feb 3 18:33:00 GMT 2009

Dustin:

The finest level of service usage detail that I am aware of from Amazon is in the reports here:

  http://ec2usage.notlong.com

This can break usage down by hour, but unfortunately does not include object identifiers.

If you use some 3rd party services like RightScale.com they offer extended tracking and reporting by resource.

If you're measuring on your own, note that normal Linux system uptime is measured from the most recent reboot. The instance start time is available through the EC2 API (and possibly the instance meta-data).

--
Eric Hammond
http://www.anvilon.com