[ec2-beta] Get AWS keys from within instance?

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Mon Feb 2 20:48:57 GMT 2009

Hi,
  In my ongoing effort to auto-configure my Ubuntu EC2 image on-the-fly
I find a need to get the AWS keys associated with the account under
which the instance is booting. This is so the services I run inside the
instance have the correct keys to communicate back to AWS without
requiring them to come from the user or some other untrusted source.

Is it possible (similar to the metadata link) to get the keys from
within the instance?

Thank you!
Darren