[ec2] Stalled?

Scott Moser scott.moser at canonical.com
Wed Aug 19 15:42:08 BST 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Jon Marston wrote:

> Is the effort to get stable ubuntu images stalled?
>
> I don't much happening on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-on-ec2  or
> much traffic on this list.

I've been working on getting that list down and getting us into good
shape.  Our focus right now is on karmic.  We're working both on kernel
and on AMIs.   We just released an image of alpha-4 at [1].  The alpha-4
image is paired with intrepid kernel
vmlinuz-2.6.27-23-xen-i386.manifest.xml from [2]

> Did I miss the official release of a Jaunty ami?  Are we on track to
> have a Koala ami in October?

We're working on that.  We're committed to a server AMI release in
conjunction with the rest of the 9.10 release.

Scott

--
[1] http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/karmic/alpha-4/
[2] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-on-ec2/+archive/ppa