[ec2] Can't contact instance

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Tue Aug 4 03:44:14 BST 2009

Tom:

Right about the time you reported this, a higher than usual number of
other people reported similar problems on the EC2 forum.  There may have
been a localized networking or systems issue.

Amazon's AWS status board has not shown any problems at this point, so
it may have been temporary or isolated.

I would recommend trying to start new instances, perhaps in multiple
availability zones, to see if the problem is really with your AMI or the
environment.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com