[ec2-beta] howto user-data scripts

Alon Girmonsky alongir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:58:28 BST 2009

Hi

You can simply use: curl -s http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data to get
the user-data.
Some bundles of Ubuntu already execute the user-data if identified as
script. You can check the /etc/init.d directory (I think this is correct) to
see a script that basically download the user-data, check for the
#!/usr/bin/bash (or something like this). I guess this script has
instructions.

I guess what you are looking for is straightforward and requires no
additional work.
Best,
Alon.