[ec2-beta] Asterisk on EC2

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Wed Apr 22 20:21:36 BST 2009

Aryan:

The ec2-beta mailing list is intended for the support of the official
Ubuntu beta images for EC2 which it sounds like you are not using yet.
General Ubuntu on EC2 support and discussion for the unofficial AMIs are
available here:

  http://groups.google.com/group/ec2ubuntu

It is possible to run Asterisk on Ubuntu using Amazon's 2.6.18 kernel
with the 1000Hz clock, and people are doing it today.  If you ask for
help in the above group, I'm sure folks will be glad to provide pointers
to appropriate resources.

On topic: To track this I've submitted a wishlist request for official
Ubuntu kernels on EC2 with 1000Hz timer:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-on-ec2/+bug/365233

If this is something folks need, I would encourage you to subscribe or
mark that the "bug" affects you.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com