[ec2-beta] Ec2-beta Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

Jon Marston jon.marston at babelcentral.com
Sun Apr 19 17:31:44 BST 2009

I'm interested in mounting s3 buckets as drives in my ubuntu ec2 instances.

There are a number of promising open source projects for this (s3fs in particular) which provide this functionality as a fuse setup, but none of them provide a deb installer or good fstab, automounting functionality. I'm also not to keen to put my aws credentials as plain text on my ec2 instance.

I tried jungle drive, but it doesn't work so well if you are using anything other than jungle drive to put files and directories into s3.

Any chance of making this easy from the ubuntu in general and the ec2 ami in particular?

Jon marston