[ec2-beta] Setting Up Snapshotting - Java

Micah Walter micahwalter at me.com
Thu Apr 16 01:24:32 BST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to set up automatic snapshotting on my ubuntu ec2 instance.
I have most of it set up correctly... I think..

I installed the EC2 API tools in to a folder on my ubuntu account
called /home/ubuntu/ec2/api-tools

I also copied the binaries to /usr/local/bin

I did the export EC2_HOME, and other exports, but I appears I need to
install Java. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this
properly. Everything points to adding the "multiverse" to my /etc/apt/
sources.list file, but I'm not sure what to add for this AMI...

Once I do that I just need to add the export JAVA_HOME line and it
should work... I hope...

anyway, any info on this would make my day!

thanks,
Micah