[ec2-beta] Ec2-beta Digest, Vol 5, Issue 9

brian mullan bmullan at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 00:26:15 BST 2009

Micah

not sure I understand what you are doing buton Amazon when you start an "instance" each instance is given

	* a PUBLIC ip address
	* a PUBLIC dns addressand each instance is given

	* a PRIVATE ip address
	* a PRIVATE dns address
the PRIVATE addresses are not accessible from the internet but ONLY from inside AWS.

maybe you can use the PRIVATE address's ftp btwn instances and provide more security

brian

Message: 1