New Page in Ubuntu Help on How to Quit A Hung Application

Tom Davies tomcecf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 22:09:37 UTC 2019

Hi :)
I get this problem quite frequently but only when using Firefox. I've not
tried Chrome or other web-browser.  Killing Firefox frees up the rest of
the desktop.  So i keep a terminal console open and usually have an ssh
session from a tablet.  On those command-lines i try to have;

pkill firefox

already ready so i only need to press enter in order to kill firefox.

A few releases before Unity there used to be a cross-hair icon on the
panel/taskbar and clicking on it make the mouse arrow into a gun-sight.
Then clicking on any open window killed that app/program/document.  It was
kinda fun to use even when not really needed.

Regards from a Tom :)