Ubuntu Installation Guide (18.04) contribution

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Wed Apr 25 00:23:55 UTC 2018

On 2018.04.24 23:52 Doug Smythies wrote:
> On 2018.04.16 10:54 Frank Heimes wrote:
>>
>> yeah that seems to close the loop - I saw/found Colin Watson mentioned at
>> the 'installation-guide' LP project, too.
>> Doug Smythies seems to be involved in that project as well.
>>
>> We'll see there how a non-Debian maintainer (like me) can contribute ...
>
> Hi All,
>
> I forgot to check my doc team e-mail folder for a couple of days.
>
> I forget how it goes with the installation guide, and even how to build it.
> I usually submit an MP for the per LTS edits, and sometimes
> it gets ignored and sometimes accepted. It is linked to from within
> the serverguide, so we would prefer to keep publishing it on a per
> LTS basis.

It took me forever to figure out (remember) how to build the installation
guide and even where the branch was.

It doesn't seem to have been maintained or updated from the Debian master
anymore. My MP from two years ago was the most recent. Well, I bumped
the versions, submitted an MP and am publishing that.