Ubuntu Installation Guide (18.04) contribution

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 16 17:33:47 UTC 2018

Hi Frank!

On 2018-04-16 18:56, Frank Heimes wrote:
> Hello - please has someone an idea on how I can contribute to the
> "Ubuntu Installation guide(s)"?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/installation-guide/
>
> I especially want to contribute to the "s390x (IBM System z)" version
> of the Installation Guide.
> [Well, even the name is nowadays wrong and should be changed to
> "s390x (IBM Z and LinuxONE)"]
>
> I found that link to the DocTeam with all it's information:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam
> but looks like the focus there is mainly Desktop, Server Guide and
> Ubuntu Manuals - am I wrong?

Not at all; that in-depth installation guide is maintained by Debian,
with some tiny Ubuntu modifications. Doug Smythies has helped with
building and publishing the HTML version which you linked to above.
Doug, please correct me if I'm awfully wrong.

So I'd guess that you'd better get in touch with some Debian people.
This is the package:

https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/installation-guide

and it mentions Debian Install System Team. On the Ubuntu/LP side I'd
guess that Colin Watson can point you in the right direction.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj